A Guide to Counselling and Admissions in MIT (2019)
This article is current as of 2019 and will be updated with new information shortly. Until then, if you have any questions, head over to the official Freshers’ Group 2020 on Facebook to have them answered!
The burden of entrance exams off their shoulders, students must now embark on the path of securing admission in the college of their choice for the next four years. Listed below are the counselling and admission procedures for prospective students of MIT, Manipal.
Any and all prospective students need to be physically present to partake in the counselling process, with a candidate’s absence resulting in the immediate forfeiture of their opportunity of admission. The students can choose to attend the counselling at the centre of their choice—Manipal, Sikkim, Jaipur or Hyderabad, regardless of their choice of campus for admission. In case a student is unable to attend the counselling process themselves, they are permitted to authorize a third party to represent them instead. All the required documents and the admission fees need to be brought on the day of the counselling along with an authorization form if required.
Applicants are called in the order of their ranks and asked to choose from the seats available for admission at that point in time.
2019 B. Tech Rank-wise Counselling Schedule
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the counselling sessions may take longer than anticipated or get delayed at the last minute. All candidates are advised to plan their return journey on the day following their allotted counselling date to avoid any mishaps.
Prior to the commencement of the actual counselling session, the interested candidates need to confirm their participation by registering and updating the below-mentioned candidate details.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, English and any one of optional subjects
- Demand Draft Details (DD Number, Date, Amount)
- Tentative reporting venue (This is only for planning arrangements at the Counseling venue)
On successful completion of the modification of details, each candidate must download and print the Common Registration Form for the Registration and Document verification process at the preferred Counseling venue.
During counselling, all candidates are required to produce the original and two sets of photocopies of following documents. On admission, the University will keep these documents until the candidate completes the course.
- MET 2019 Hall Ticket
- 10th standard marks card for proof of date of birth
- 12th standard marks card
- Printout of filled in Common Registration Form downloaded from Counseling portal
- Two recent and identical passport size photographs.
- 2 Demand Drafts (Rs.3,25,000 and Rs. 10,000) drawn in favour of Manipal Academy of Higher Education payable at Manipal / Udupi
- Copy of PAN card of the parent.
- Aadhar card of Candidate.
- Authorization letter if a representative is attending on behalf of the candidate.
- One set of self-attested photocopies of all the above documents
- Copy of Overseas Citizen of India/ Person of Indian Origin card (if applied under OCI/PIO category)
Candidates are warned against submitting the colour photocopies of the original marks card in lieu of the original marks cards. Original marks cards which are laminated will not be accepted by the University. In case of submission of such fraudulent original marks cards, incorrect or untrue information, or suppression or distortion of any fact in the original marks card, admission/degree of the candidate is liable for cancellation.
Request for withdrawal of the original documents submitted can be made only for genuine reasons in the prescribed application available at the Admissions Office of the University.
Failure to produce the document/s on the day of admission or by the date specified for this purpose will result in instantaneous forfeiture of the seat. All candidates should produce the above mentioned original documents for verification and should submit one set of self-attested photocopies of the same.
The students who appear for the physical round are the only ones who will be eligible for the subsequent rounds of waitlisting. The 2nd-5th rounds are online rounds which allow the students who attended the first round to be allotted different streams based on their preferences and the vacancies. Following the online rounds are the Intra-Institute Sliding round and the final Spot round. These rounds are only available to those students who have already secured admission into the institute and are held shortly after the commencement of classes.
- Allotment order and receipt/s for the payment made will be given to the candidate on completion of the admission process.
- Candidates who require hostel facility should contact the Chief Warden’s Office of the allotted institution for hostel enrollment.
- Candidates should report to the allotted college on or before the Reporting date mentioned in the allotment order.
- Candidates are required to submit the filled-in ICICI account opening form at the ICICI Bank counter during counselling/orientation for obtaining the One-Debit Card facility. The One Debit Card will function as Manipal University Identity Card, Access Control Card, and an ICICI Debit/ATM Card with Zero-Balance facility. The One Debit card will not be issued if the account opening form is not submitted at the ICICI Bank counter. Further, you are required to submit a photocopy of any one of the address proof document (Voter ID/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving License) in order to open an account
- The date for commencement of classes will be confirmed only once the handbook has been issued.
FEE PAYMENT DETAILS
All candidates should bring two separate account payee demand drafts for Rs. 3,25,000/- and Rs. 10,000/- respectively drawn in favour of ‘Manipal Academy of Higher Education’ payable at Manipal or Udupi. Demand Drafts favouring other than the above will be rejected.
If selected, candidates should deposit the above two demand drafts amounting to Rs. 3,35,000. Candidates who opt only to be waitlisted should only produce the demand draft for Rs. 10, 000/.
Part payments or payment in instalments is not permitted. Nonpayment of the first year fees on the day of counselling will result in instantaneous forfeiture of the seat.
If a candidate takes a seat, Rs.10,000 will be considered as Caution deposit. While if a candidate does not take a seat and chooses to only waitlist, Rs.10,000 will be considered as Waitlist Deposit.
University buses will be present on all days of the counselling process to ferry parents and prospective students around campus. Those residing in the hostel blocks can avail their service for transport to AB-3, where counselling will take place.
We hope the information provided in this article cleared any queries you may have regarding the procedure for counselling and admission into MIT, Manipal.
For further clarification, please visit our fresher’s group.