A Concise Guide to Makeups and Re-eval
While the month of December welcomes the holiday season, it also brings in the dreadful result time. As if the long bothersome war with the portal isn’t enough, what follows the results is a series of confusion about makeups and re-evaluation. We present you a simplified article on the same to help you bid goodbye to confusion.
How do I apply for Re-evaluation and Paper seeing/Makeup?
Once you open your account on the student portal http://slcm.manipal.edu/loginForm.aspx, select Academic Details and then Grade Sheet to view your result.
On the grade sheet, besides the respective grades, will be checkboxes related to re-evaluation and makeup. Students have to select the required checkbox and proceed for payment. The payment page will then show the required amount to be paid. The mode of payment is online.
- For students who have secured an F grade and want to apply for Re-evaluation
Click on the checkboxes beside the F grade subjects in the first column named ‘Revaluation1’. This will direct the students to the payment page. This option is for F grade students only and will be valid till the 8th of December, 2019.
- For students who have to apply for makeup
Click on the checkboxes beside the respective subject in the second column named ‘Makeup Exam’. This will then direct the students to the payment page. The tab shall be activated from the 8th of December, 2019 till the 16th of December, 2019.
- For students who have not secured an F grade and want to apply for Re-evaluation
Click on the checkboxes beside the respective subject in the third column. This will direct the students to the payment page. This option is valid for students who have not secured an F grade and want to apply for re-evaluation. The option also caters to the students who want to get their makeup paper re-evaluated.
This option is open from the 1st of January, 2020 to the 9th of January, 2020.
What do I do if I have missed the exam due to certain reasons? Where do I apply?
For students who have missed the exams due to medical/other personal reasons, an offline application was required to be submitted beforehand. This was just permission to be completely evaluated out of the full grade in the makeup exam.
The students will have to follow a similar procedure as explained in step 2 in the previous question.
-Click on SLcM> Academic Details>Grade Sheet
-Select the checkboxes beside the missed exam in the makeup column
-Proceed for payment.
What if I am a re-registered student? Where and when will the grades be changed?
For re-registered students, the change in their CGPAs and GPAs will be reflected by 6th December 2019 on their grade sheets on SLcM.
What do I do if I want to see my paper before getting it re-evaluated?
Paper seeing and revaluation is a single process. The student cannot apply for either individually.
- The student first needs to apply for the revaluation process available on SLcM depending on the grade.
The student will then be given an option for paper seeing, wherein he/she can view the paper once again and write comments about it. For this, the student has to be present physically at the institute. The paper will then be re-evaluated according to the comments.
- If the student cannot be physically present at the institute, the entire paper will be checked by another faculty and graded again. The higher score will be considered.
- For students with an F grade currently, paper seeing and re-evaluation will be held during the winter break itself, on the 10th of December, 2019.
For other students, paper seeing and revaluation will be held during the next semester, on the 11th of January, 2020.
Is it possible for my friend to see my paper if I am unable to make it to the Institute for paper seeing?
No, the Institute shall not permit any representative of the student to see his or her paper. The paper will be shown to the concerned student only.
Can I also submit my Lab grades for Re-evaluation?
No, Lab Grades cannot be submitted for re-evaluation. The lab list which has been sent by the department is final and will be updated on the student portal.
What are the due dates for submitting the applications for makeup/revaluation?
The dates for applying for Makeups and Re-evaluation are mentioned in the academic calendar.
- The last date to apply for re-evaluation (F grade subjects) is 8th December 2019.
- The last date to apply for makeup exams is 16th December 2019.
- Paper seeing (F grade subjects) begins and ends on the 10th of December, 2019.
- The re-evaluation results will be out on the 14th of December, 2019
- The dates to apply for re-evaluation refund in case of grade change is activated on the day of the results—14th of December 2019 and 17th of January 2020 for Revaluation1 and Revaluation2/Revaluation3 respectively.
- Applying for re-evaluation for F grade in makeup exams/ Non-F grade subjects/ Makeup Exams will begin on the 1st of January, 2020 and lasts until the 9th of January, 2020.
- Re-registration for lower semester subjects starts on the 17th of December 2019 and lasts until 31st December, 2019 for higher semesters, and 10th January 2020 for first-year students.
- Makeup exams start on the 19th of December, 2019.
- Non-F graders can see their papers on the 11th of January, 2020.
My SLcM student portal shows ‘There are no data records to display’. What do I do?
If the SLcM portal of any student still shows the message, it has to be brought to the notice of the student council. The students can mail their queries to [email protected] with their registration numbers and proper screenshots if any.
What is the cost of re-evaluation and makeup?
The cost of re-evaluation for each paper is 750 Rupees which is refunded completely in case of a grade change.
The cost of the makeup examination is 550 Rupees.
(These are the costs as of the even semester of 2019)
Some points to be noted are:
- The grade cannot be decreased in re-evaluation.
- If any student feels that his/her grades are lower than expected, he/she can get in touch with the department regarding the same.
- The grades on SLcM are allotted by the respective departments. If any CR feels that the overall correction for any specific subject is wrong for the entire class, then the CR can get in touch with the department.
For discrepancies, students can mail their queries to the below-mentioned contacts with the registration number:
If you have any more queries, drop us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can. You can contact us through our Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/themitpost/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel